La Musique

Friday, November 17, 2006

Screwed

Mixed feelings in a bottle. That's what I am drinking right now. This term is coming to an end and soon I will be graduating. I will be jumping straight into the working world.

I know I can never pursue my ideal job. But I do not feel a sense of belonging in the engineering field. Hopefully, I can earn enough money so that I can retire early and work on something that I really like. I keep telling myself that I am still young, there's so much to learn out there. Also, there is this sadness that lingers around me after school each day. In another 5 months, I won't be stepping into classes at ETLC again. I won't be sitting at the computer lab stressing out on homework. I won't be complaining to friends about professors and dumb courses.

It does feel sad.

Now, it's so much harder to leave school behind. Varsity has touched my life in so many ways. Then again, life goes on. That's the only consolation I can give myself now. I can't bear the thought of not seeing most of my friends after this. I love them so much. Their company. Their arguments. Their arrogance. Their humour. We'll all be going our separate ways. Will we ever see each other again? It will never be the same too.

Every good thing has to come to an end. There's no happy-ever-after in real life.

On a lighter note, I still hate exams. Oh well, I was procrastinating last night. I didn't put much effort into studying it. It has been repetitive over the years. I have to say I am sick of studying.

But I'm not sick of learning. There's a difference, ah! :P

That guy better reply us with the necessary data soon otherwise our design project will be doomed.

I have to start looking for a place to stay in Red Deer soon. As I will be working there next year, I need to find a place close to the edge of town, and find a friendly co-worker who is willing to let me carpool with him/her for the first four months. Damn, I should have taken the written driving test earlier. I didn't take it because I thought I would be going home straight to M'sia after graduation. Plans always change in the middle of nowhere.

Should I still share a house/apartment with someone? Or should I rent a studio/one-bedroom suite myself?

I don't really want to live with anyone as I have been doing that for the past four years. I find it troublesome even though my current housemate is good. It's just the whole sharing idea. Sharing the kitchen, the sink. Sometimes the mess doesn't get cleared up because we encounter crazy academic schedules at times. But sometimes, you're so exhausted from school that you need to return to a clean and comfortable hosue. It gets annoying at times. And the worse is sharing bathrooms. UGHH. Seriously.

Then again, here's the safety and money issue of living in your own studio. It is generally more expensive than sharing the rent with someone else. Furthermore, sometimes it is safer to live with someone. If an emergency happens, at least there is still someone there to help. Also, you won't feel so lonely in the end. However, if you get a terrible housemate ... the situation gets even worse ...

I am still weighing out the pros and cons. Any suggestions?

5:46 PM | |